I need help, wifi not working and I don't know what else is broken

I ran all three of those commands and it’s finished. What’s next?

A reboot and then you can check if its working and/or another inxi:

inxi -Nazy
  Device-1: Realtek vendor: AzureWave driver: N/A pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s
    lanes: 1 port: f000 bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:b852 class-ID: 0280```

Ok…

pamac build rtw89-dkms-git

Then same - reboot and check.

(I mistakenly thought the previous driver was for the wireless of your device because it is listed in the description … in fact it is just the bluetooth component of a wireless driver that does not list your device though it is apparently the correct one… if you wanted an explanation :sweat_smile:)

I have no idea what that means LOL but i don’t care because oh my goodness the wifi is working. Thank you so much. I probably would never have figured this out on my own.

Hurrah. Glad its working.
Happy linuxing :penguin: :saluting_face:

thank you again. so happy to finally be able to give the middle finger to windows

while I’m here, what about installing all the kernels? i noticed there are some available in the kernel manager, do I need those?

You dont need them. But I always suggest having one known-working LTS (long term support) plus one other you are trying out … maybe a special kernel or just newer.
So keep that 6.1 and maybe also install 6.3 or 6.4 … you have newer hardware so it makes sense to try the newer kernels.

You can use the GUI manjaro-settings-manager, or use mhwd in the terminal, ex:

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux64

PS. You can always check kernel.org for the state of kernels and projected end of life, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.