I have to relog to KDE unfreeze

(I’m commenting this for my friend, he’s the one issuing this error. It’s an useless detail but i’m just saying to avoid confusion)

That’s how the problem happens:

I start my PC
I login to KDE and then the desktop is almost entirely frozen, i can only open the browser and some programs but i can’t interact with 90% of the desktop
After i relog, everything goes back to normal.

This issue is starting to annoy so i’m posting this here.

My specs (if needed somehow):

Kernel: 5.15.28-1-MANJARO
CPU: Intel Celeron 1037U
GPU: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller

Welcome to the forum!

The issue is most likely caused by the Baloo file indexer. Try disabling it and see whether the problem persists. :arrow_down:

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer, my friend will check it.

I’m having the same problem for weeks now. Also disabled baloo but that changed nothing. Actually I’ve tried a lot of things :sweat_smile: The only solution for me is to change to tty3 and back again (or log in and out). I’ve read on some forums that this is related to a bug in plasma. This would be weird, but it could be.

Well I really hope this will solve the problem for you :+1:

EDIT

Ok, forget about my reply. I’ve solved the problem here :triumph:

just caught my cat biting my mouse cable. REALLY ??? I’ve been struggling with this problem for weeks, but I didn’t expect this. LOL Tried an old ISO just now and the problem was there too. This was very strange and would be too much of a coincidence. And then there was that hairy creature. Caught in the act. And yes. It worked perfectly with another mouse. DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

1 Like

How much memory (RAM) do you have?

Yeah it fixed, thanks alot

2 Likes

4GB ram w/ 4GB swap

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.