I have some questions about installing KDE on this HP Envy Laptop

well now the only problem is that it doesnt tell me the system architecture. Normally there would be a System Architecture text near the Operating System text but there isnt. Which means if its x86 i cant get manjaro. this is pretty annoying

Edit: i checked questions and its 64 bit.

It looks pretty solid to me so i think im gonna get it but with a warranty

i think your misled. all systems nowadays are 64-bit if ms-windows can run on them. don’t run into problems that don’t exist. if ms-windows can run then linux will do so too.

thanks a lot for all your help i really appreciate it

I consider you very brave to buy a laptop without having a desktop - so I’d agree that you might want to look at machines already set up with Linux to take away the gamble.

I might be out of place, saying that the way my KDE fell into place installing with my Radeon 5 5600G - and also on my Wife’s laptop with an R5 4500U, the above laptop with Ryzen 7 4700U comes up as a complete no-brainer (and it would actually run games - I love BallisticNG).

I’d definitely vote against buying a machine with a 512GB drive unless you can add a decent storage and backup solution though - either by NAS, or with a second high capacity slow drive.

as the TO already told, he needs to buy from this company because he has some gift-cards, discounts that he wants to use.

1 Like