I have not been able to update the system for a month or more

I’m tired of seeing this message.

I have not been able to update my system for a month or more. Not sure what to do
This is the message that appears when I type the command

sudo pacman -Syy                                                                                                                    ✔ 

[sudo] password for hamid: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core-rel.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'core-rel.db' from mirrors.manjaro.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core-rel.db' from ftp.linux.org.tr : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core-rel.db' from coresite.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core-rel.db' from mirrors.ustc.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core-rel.db' from mirror.xenyth.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)

I’ve read something about manually removing some repos, but I don’t know how to do that.
I appreciate your help.

For one, remove the Steam Deck repo(s), they are not supported.

The same way you added them.

5 Likes

Could you please tell me how I can delete these repositories?
I don’t know the correct way. I don’t even have a Steam Deck!!

since you are on kde, open the file with kate:
kate /etc/pacman.conf
locate the repos, remove them; save the file, and refresh your mirrors + update:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu
2 Likes

Did you mean the sudo pacman -Syu command?

A 404 error means you cannot reach the server… either the server is down or something in your network is blocking access to the site.

A quick solution is to try using a VPN, or connecting to your Mobile device etc.

Cannot reach the thing somehow.

In this case … probably because manjaro mirrors dont serve any version of core-rel.db

Have you tried what @brahma proposed? Most likely you have an entry with

[core-rel]

in your /etc/pacman.conf.

@DR.MODY, otherwise you need to find out how you got something installed which asks for core-rel.db. Did you use PIP or other commands to install something?