I get strange output when I perform an update in the terminal

The update seems to work fine but I’d like a way to get this error to go away. Here is the terminal output with the error.

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirror.infotronik.hu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirror.infotronik.hu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
warning: too many errors from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirror.infotronik.hu : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: too many errors from mirror.infotronik.hu, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

Based on the error messages
I’d first try to update/re-create an up to date mirror list → refresh your mirrors.

1 Like

how do I refresh mirrors?

use the forum search, or a general search engine instead of perusing other people as your search engine
it’s much quicker, too

I found it! It was

sudo pacman-mirrors --country all --api --protocols all --set-branch stable && sudo pacman -Syu

:heart_eyes:

Me too! :wink: It was in the Manjaro wiki: Pacman-mirrors - Manjaro

2 Likes

Here’s another way:

systemctl start pamac-mirrorlist

:vulcan_salute:

IMPORTANT

Tip

Every run of pacman-mirrors requires you to syncronize your database and update your system.

1 Like

yeah a bunch of mirrors went down

1 Like