I can't seem to add permissions to my secondary hard drive

Okay so this seemingly happened out of nowhere but I can’t boot up my computer for some strange reason something about failing to mount my second disc and also it says something about the dependency failed to load local file system

Is there a way to take a screenshot of it? Perhaps start a new forum thread?

You might have to boot with a live USB and use chroot to make the corrections.

See here’s the problem I don’t have a live USB and I can’t embed media files into the posts for some reason

Scanning for btrfs file system
[FAILED] Failed to mount /mint/LocalDisk
[DEPEND] dependency failed for local file system
You are an emergency mode. After logging in, type “journal to -xb” to view system logs, “system to reboot” to reboot, “system to default” or “exit” two Boots into default mode.
Give her password for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue):

And when I log in I have terminal access however doing nothing or pressing the combination just repeats itself

Did you try logging in with your root password?

Can you switch to another TTY, such as

CTRL + ALT + F1

or

CTRL + ALT + F3

Can you force restart the display manager?

sudo systemctl restart sddm

I recommend opening a new thread for this issue, however.

EDIT: It could be because you’re using LABEL to identify the device, rather than the UUID at boot time, which is something I alluded to earlier in this thread.

LABEL=LocalDisk /mnt/LocalDisk btrfs defaults,subvol=/@ 0 0

So I can’t do either of those that you told me however with the second one is there anyway I can grab that UUID of my hard drive? Also I created that other thread so I’m not sure.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.