I cant see my network?

Hello I have got Manjaro installed on my mac mini 2014 and i have broadcomm 4360 but there is an x where my network is.
Does anyone know how I can get onto my network please?
Thank you.

Then post ip a on console.

Hi @geordiejohn50,

Macs are full of **** when it comes to hardware compatibility. But there might be a small glimmer of hope. From this page:

Broadcom 4360 actually comes with either of two distinct chips, 14E4:4360 and 14E4:43A0. There is no driver in Linux for the first one, Broadcom 4360 actually comes with either of two distinct chips, 14E4:4360 and 14E4:43A0. There is no driver in Linux for the first one, while wl is an appropriate driver for the second one. You can determine which one you have by means of the following command:

lspci -vnn | grep -i net

If it is the it is the 14E4:43A0 chip, the wl driver is in the community repository:

$ pamac search broadcom
[...]
broadcom-wl-dkms                                                                                                                                                                                                    6.30.223.271-35               community
Broadcom 802.11 Linux STA wireless driver
[...]

So, in all theory, it should be easily installable with:

pamac install broadcom-wl-dkms

But to install a dkms package, you need your kernel header. So if you don’t already have 'em, install the headers for all your kernels with:

pamac install $(pamac list --installed --quiet | grep "^linux" | grep "^linux[0-9]*[-rt]*$" | awk '{print $1"-headers"}' ORS=' ')

Hope it helps!

1 Like