I cant see my ethernet interface on my HP ellitebook 820 g1

No Xedoes, I do not think that changing kernel would help, I just pointed out a difference with my setup.

Can you boot on a Manjaro live media with your ethernet connected ? If that works, the problem is in your installation on disk. If ethernet still does not work, you could try another distro’s live media and check ethernet. If that still does not work, the problem could be BIOS setup or broken hardware.

1 Like

Why don’t you all start with the obvious? Check logs → copy/paste errors into a search engine.

E.g.:

gives you (one of the results):

EDIT:
Of course, another mistake is not gathering enough info in the first place as I just assumed it was working before.

hmmm my bios is set correctly all hardware is enabled but i had windows and eth worked just fine but sure im gonna try with live usb

i tried but no match for my eth problem cloudnt find anything usefull

Sure, sure. Maybe start with writing proper sentences. This isn’t facebook chat. Anyway, I think I gave you enough to try.

Okay got the fix for my laptop the problem was in BIOS settings in bios we need option called switching between wifi/lan to be turn on and lan controller as well now eth0 is recognizable.
Hope it will help others!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.