I can't pacman -Syu

hello everyone, I wanted to install new software right now, and got a repo error, so I checked my /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, nothing’s there, I added some spanish mirrors to the list, to get this error after pacman -Syu

With this I just realised than I didn’t get any update for a long period,

:: Synchronising package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: appstream-glib: local (0.7.18-2) is newer than extra (0.7.18-1)
:: Replace knetattach with extra/plasma-desktop? [Y/n] 
warning: kpeoplevcard: local (0.1+r38.32d50a9-1) is newer than community (0.1-1)
warning: mkinitcpio: local (29-1.0) is newer than core (29-1)
warning: pacman: local (5.2.2-3) is newer than core (5.2.2-1)
:: Replace python-pyqtwebengine with extra/python-pyqt5-webengine? [Y/n] 
:: Replace python-sip with extra/python-sip4? [Y/n] 
warning: zsh-theme-powerlevel10k: local (1.14.5-1) is newer than community (1.13.0-1)
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing icu (68.2-1) breaks dependency 'icu<67.2' required by manjaro-settings-manager

edit : this sounds risky, I want to install microsoft teams to have in interview tomorrow, I really can’t screw things up

I suggest you use pacman-mirrors to generate the list of mirrors, e.g.: sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5, and then run sudo pacman -Syyu to force updating the package database.

1 Like

thanks, you saved my day. was it from outdated repos ?

Probably, yes.

1 Like

The command below, with no arguments, defaults to --status. The same output can be found at https://repo.manjaro.org/. The repositories/mirrors that will be used are in the file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.

pacman-mirrors
pacman-mirrors --status   # default

The custom mirrorlist is located at /var/lib/pacman-mirrors/. It is built when you run
one of the commands below. In theory, these commands are run infrequently and only to change your custom mirrorlist.

pacman-mirrors -c COUNTRY   # replace COUNTRY, see --country-list
pacman-mirrors --geoip

It’s probably a good habit to get into - before you do an update always check the status of the repositories/mirrors either via the command or the web site.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.