I cant login to manjaro stuck on login screen

I’m stuck on the login screen I accidentally deleted kwin the compositor Aur through the add or remove apps by pressing uninstall because I was trying to install kwin low latency but that wouldn’t install either so I reinstalled kwin compositor through add or remove apps and minutes later my screen blacked out so I reboot and now I can’t login usually below the login button it says what session I’m about to log into like “Session: KDE PLASMA” but now it’s blank and I went into the TTY with ctrl alt f2 and first thing it showed me was -bash .config/kwinrc permission denied and -bash compositing command not found

First, fix permissions on .config folder/files:
sudo chown -R $USER: ~/.config
Reinstall the following packages
sudo pacman -Syyu plasma-workspace kwin kf5
then reboot your system with
systemctl reboot

It didn’t work the first time so I went in TTY and repeated the commands you told me and it worked! Thank you so much I thought my newly installed OS was gone for good. But now the desktop is just black I can’t right click on it but I have a Firefox browser open, my latte dock is messed up and system settings appear in individual tabs now

Sounds like you removed more stuff than i anticipated, or your settings got corrupted somehow.
Please reinstall manjaro-kde-settings then copy the content of /etc/skel to your home directory and reboot again
sudo pacman -S manjaro-kde-settings
then
cp -R /etc/skel/.* ~
and then again

I managed to fix it by reinstalling plasma-desktop and using kstart5 plasmashell in the terminal. I checked every folder in the home directory and it looks like I still have my files. I feel like I might be missing some important packages though. Should I go ahead and reinstall KDE settings or should I just leave it as it is?

Is worth to check indeed if you have some missing packages and fix that in order to avoid any further issues.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.