I can't install multiple packages

some packages pscman can't find them and after that pacman do nothing.

[max@maxray-pc ~]$ sudo pacman -Syy
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core 149.5 KiB 245K/s 00:01 [#####################################################################] 100%
extra 1812.4 KiB 696K/s 00:03 [#####################################################################] 100%
community 5.2 MiB 993K/s 00:05 [#####################################################################] 100%
multilib 184.1 KiB 949K/s 00:00 [#####################################################################] 100%
[max@maxray-pc ~]$ sudo pacman -S keepassx vim klavaro blender darktable gimp inkscape krita mypaint natron opentoonz pencil2d pikopixel transmission uget audacity catia hydrogen lmms mpv openshot qjackctl qtractor rakarrack rhythmbox rosegarden shotcut smplayer vlc yoshimi zynaddsubfx jack
error: target not found: natron
error: target not found: opentoonz
error: target not found: pencil2d
error: target not found: pikopixel
error: target not found: transmission
error: target not found: catia
error: target not found: rakarrack
warning: jack-0.125.0-7 is up to date -- reinstalling
[max@maxray-pc ~]$

Thanks for reading and sorry if i don't use "blockquote" because it removes some information.

It is because some of those packages are not in the repos.

They may be in AUR though. pacman cannot install from AUR, you need to use a helper like yay or pamac.

In the case of transmission, that isn't the name of the package. You probably want either transmission-gtk or transmission-qt

When pacman can't find packages explicitly on your list it stops. You need to remove the missing packages from your install list so pacman will install the other packages.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering I appreciate that .
is there Another way to ignore missing package automatic ?

In the case of transmission, that isn't the name of the package. You probably want either transmission-gtk or transmission-qt

Ah I see, So pacman cant install "qt" version automatic if I have kde desktop ?

There is only one set of repos that all Manjaro editions share. It is pretty rare that a package has both a qt version and a gtk version so I don't think that will come up very often.

1 Like

Catia is in Manjaro community repository
but Catarina and Catia are now included with Cadence
so you would have to install all 3 with sudo pacman -S cadence

you probably do not want to be installing Cadence as it can break QjackCtl functionality for managing JACK
If you want to continue using QjackCtl, it now has a 'Graph' window that works in similar way to Catia as a graphical patchbay
(but this is still quite a new feature not fully developed)

patchage in community repo is hard to tell apart from Catia, and has very similar function
but no problems working with QjackCtl

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark