I can't install manjaro

I’m running a dvd of Manjaro-xfce-16.08-x86_64 on a UEFI motherboard.

Every time I Boot from the dvd and select the default bootable option for UEFI everything seems to run okay as manjaro sets everything up in the start job and detects my computer specs however, it is after this process that I am greeted with nothing but a black screen; no desktop, and my computer screen falls asleep.

I’ve tried selecting the nonfree option as well as the default option multiple times and neither of them have shown positive results.

I haven’t got a clue as to what is happening as I have never had this issue with Arch Linux or any other distribution I’ve used.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Cheers.

At the boot menu, when Manjaro entry is highlighted, type “e” to edit the boot entry. Add “nomodeset” after the “splash quiet” and see if it helps.

Thanks,
Balaji.

[quote=“GoogleWizard, post:1, topic:9661”]
black screen
[/quote]Search forum for “black screen” as this is known issue with fixes too ithink, :slight_smile:.

When you post, especially hardware related issues, the
inxi -Fx
output, wrapped in backquotes, is needed.
This is SOP for posts requesting assistance.
See
Dump your inxi -Fxzc0 here and bookmark it
for an optional way.

HTH…

I can’t find “splash quiet”. I see nouveau.modeset=1, i915.modeset=1 and radeon.modeset=1 if that helps.

Cheers.

Change it like this.

nomodeset i915.modeset=0 nouveau.modeset=0 radeon.modeset=0

Thanks,
Balaji.

Still receiving a black screen, although this time my computer doesn’t fall asleep and I see a command prompt which doesn’t allow me to type anything in.

A. Is it a known-good download?
B. How did you burn the ISO? With what tool or command?

Regards

1 Like

I burnt it onto a DVD+RW disc with Brasero disc burner.

Post your inxi -Fx output here and some one will be able to help you out. Most probably, it should be a display issue and you can play with nomodeset, i915.modeset, nouveau.modeset, and radeon.modeset values and see if any of it will work.

Thanks,
Balaji.

1 Like
  1. If you wanna be sure the downloaded file is a exact copy use a Torrent.
    1a. Check the checksum in a Terminal via "sha256sum manjaro-bla-blubb-16xy.iso"
    1b. copy the output and search for the string on the download page

2. Burn the iso with the minimum speed possible
    2a. Do a checksum after the burning of your DVD.
    2b. Prefer USB or SD!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.