I cant install hp printer smart tank in my manjaro

I cant install hp printer smart tank in my manjaro.
why is this happening in manjaro???

I did this:
sh hplip-3.22.10.run
then it showed : This installer cannot install ‘python3-pyqt4’ for your distro/OS and/or version.
error: Installation cannot continue without this dependency. Please manually install this dependency and re-run this installer.

what to do?

How did you try to install it?

My holy glass globe says that the problem lies 30 cm before the screen.

What do you expect here as an answer?

I did this:
sh hplip-3.22.10.run
then it showed : This installer cannot install ‘python3-pyqt4’ for your distro/OS and/or version.
error: Installation cannot continue without this dependency. Please manually install this dependency and re-run this installer.

what to do?

hplip - the package - should already be installed
If not, use the software manager to install it.
The package is in the normal Manjaro repositories.

I guess we still don’t know what you want to do … :man_shrugging:

Hi @Ramanathan,

Please see:

2 Likes

Have you already checked this out Printing - Manjaro

1 Like

There is nothing wrong - just do it the Manjaro way - and everything is fine.

This is not how you install packages in Manjaro

The hplip is part of the official repo and the optional dependency - when you want to use gui - is python-pyqt5 on Manjaro

sudo pacman -Syu hplip python-pyqt5

Of course you can insist on doing it your way - but then you are on your own - and should not blame Manjaro.

Judging from the other topic - I am afraid you are in for some serious headaches.

I was wondering what a newcomer - or not - to Manjaro would want to build pyqt4 for - now I am thinking this is the continuum.

You see, if you describe your steps more precisely and add the error, you see more answers and help :wink:

I don’t think I deserve a “:fu:” from you:

grafik

This is more of an expression of your character that reflects your level of communication. Sometimes people only learn when you meet a stupid question with a stupid answer.

At least you learned something. :wink: