I can't install any software with pamac: Could not Prepare successfully target not found

Í have installed quite a few software-packages successfully using pamac, but since today it started to reject every package regardless of its source, may it be official repository or AUR. Only two fastpaks i tried worked. As far as i have seen the installation of the other packages stopped in preparation part. The Error message is allways the same:
“Vorgang konnte nicht erfolgreich vorbereitet werden:Ziel nicht gefunden: hyphen-lang” ~ Installation could not be properly prepared: Target not found: hyphen-lang.
If understood correctly from my IN research there is no target named hyphen-lang but depending on the language you use hyphen-en or hyphen-de etc.
I would be grateful for any help!

Hi there. I hope you find a solution soon. In the meantime, consider opening a terminal & putting in the following, one at a time & in the following order. Maybe one or more of them will help…

To update your mirrors to the fastest ones…

sudo pacman-mirrors -f5

To refresh the keys…

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro

To sync & update your system…

sudo pacman -Syu

(You probably know this already, but never run “-Sy” - always “-Syu”…)

These are all safe, standard maintenance commands. See what happens.

Ruziel :slight_smile:

Thanks @Ruziel for the quick response. Youre advice was good. The problem seems to be fixed now. I have installed 2 packages with pamac successfully. But I’ll keep my eyes on it :wink:
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.