I can't download routine updates because system "could not satisfy dependencies: - removing linux510-rt breaks dependency 'linux510-rt' required"

Help would be much appreciated. Above is a new error message after a number of successful updates in recent months.

I assume that I have to remove unsupported kernels but are unable to do so either via the graphic interface or Konsole. Both are unused
" linux510-rt
Starting
checking dependencies…
:: removing linux510-rt breaks dependency ‘linux510-rt’ required by linux-rt-lts-manjaro
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
Done …"

Is there anything I can do to download the updates?

My system: Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.15.27-1-rt35-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 7.7 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Thanks for advice

The meta package linux-lts was removed a while ago. You can remove that package:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5
sudo pacman -Rdd linux-rt-lts-manjaro
sudo pacman -Syyu

linux510-rt should be flagged as explicitly installed beforehand, to be sure it is not removed with linux-rt-lts-manjaro.

sudo pacman -D --asexplicit linux510-rt
sudo pacman -R linux-rt-lts-manjaro

@maycne.sonahoz From pacman - ArchWiki

To remove a package, which is required by another package, without removing the dependent package:

pacman -Rdd package_name

So both do the same thing. Also the original method was suggested by philm himself:

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you for your help!

sudo pacman -D --asexplicit linux510-rt
sudo pacman -R linux-rt-lts-manjaro

worked

I take it that I don’t try to remove the installed unsupported kernels 5.10.90_rt60-1 and 5.11.4_rt11-1 as it’s not possible and they are needed ?
I am currently running 5.15.27_rt35-1; should I install 5.16.2_rt19-2 ?
Using the computer mainly for music production.

Actually, it would be better to remove EOL kernels. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to remove them.