I just changed my sudo and root password. I was at the bakery and now I cannot use sudo or being root anymore !!!
Can someone help me ???
You’re implying the new password doesn’t work?
- Switch to a
ttyby pressing Ctrl+Alt+F3.
- While looking at the
tty, safely reboot the system by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- When the GRUB menu comes up, press E.
- Add “
1” (i.e. a space and a “1”) to the end of the kernel line, and press F10 to boot.
- You are now in single-user mode, as the root user. Set your new root password with…
- Set your user password with…
- Reboot into normal system operation by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Follow the steps in #1 and #2 here-above.
- Reboot from the Manjaro install USB/DVD in live mode.
- Open up a terminal window.
- Issue the following commands…
sudo su - manjaro-chroot -a
- Issue the commands from #6 and #7 in the first approach.
- Exit the
chrootenvironment by pressing Ctrl+D.
- Safely reboot the system and be sure to remove the USB/DVD before the machine starts booting.
thanks but I don’t know what happened the previous password is working;
I will have to wait for tomorrow to do that. I’m suffering from sleep apnea and I’m extremely tired.
The previous password is working?
yes It’s weird. But seriously I slept only 1 hour this night. I’m into a burnout an health burnout.
Hope you feel better.
Just sounds like the issue is resolved, since your original password still works?
yes my original password works. Seriously I cannot do such kind of operation without the appropriate amount of sleep.