I'm leaving Manjaro

I don’t know if in this forum there are the devs of this distro, but if so, I hope they read my post.

I was happy with Manjaro until I’ve read in multiple places that Manjaro’s devs are blaming the users when the system breaks with updates. I’m sorry, but I cannot use a distro which is run by people like that.

So, I’m leaving Manjaro and I’m going to Endeavour OS. I know this is not the first time Manjaro’s devs do something wrong, in the past, they were forcing users to install FreeOffice instead of LibreOffice.

Someone sent me some other information about other things they’re currently doing. I’m not going to give details, but I feel like Manjaro is becoming the Ubuntu of Arch and worse.

I’ve just wanted to share my opinion and I hope they change their decisions and personality if they don’t want to lose users.

Bye.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good luck with a more hardcore distro (Vanilla Arch with an installer…) where you update brainlessly and it just works :joy: I may join the forum too just to have fun reading who you will blaming when you brake something.

P.S. Thanks for the laugh :+1:

1 Like

That was one team members post.
And its not exactly how you describe.
Did you read it yourself?

That never happened.
In one Development release, libreoffice was replaced by this.
In the next public release calamares was equipped with a choice of office suites.

Wanna bet its that one doc that been riding around for years without good source reference?
I’m going to guess yes. My favorite part of that thing is where they mention manjaro uses bots to bump distrowarch scores. Hilarious.

Well …my opinion is you are using unfounded FUD as your starting point. So we probably disagree.

Anyways … good luck in your … uhm … other endeavors.

6 Likes

It must be something with the 20’s times.
Why so many people project something into one an other?

Manjaro devs and this forum is one of the friendliest places on the web.

Also the memebers here have rock solid patience with all those repeating problems people post.

EDIT: I also understand the frustration of users with buggy HW that its vendors left unsuported.

1 Like

That was a short visit

Posted 27 mins ago - Joined 30 Sep Read 36m

You are referring to me?

And my topic on how users blame Manjaro when their system black out?

That topic is drawing attention to the user’s responsibility - and the fact that you cannot pester your installation with a heap self-compiled applications from AUR - and then blame Manjaro when your updates fail.

EndeavourOS is one very fine and reliable system so my question is - if you can’t handle Manjaro - how will you handle Arch?

3 Likes

Let me get this right.

You spend less than 40 minutes on this forum, and the most important thing was to get your information about Manjaro from outside sources, with no context whatsoever.
Then i see you started with this:

So what exactly do you know actually about the distro, the team and this forum? How about the members that get involved in here and have opinions too? It seems like almost nothing.

Who are they ? Those that sent you information are doing things? Good for them.

Probably got discussed ad nauseam in someones echo chamber

Above you said it was something “someone sent” you … So, is your opinion or of someone else? And what was this actually about, you moving to EOS? Fine with me :wink:

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry. I prefer vanilla Arch and vanilla DE’s anyway. If something breaks, I’ll just use Timeshift.

I know that they were not lying about Manjaro’s devs blaming users. It wasn’t only posted on many subreddits, but also announced on the largest unnofficial Discord of Manjaro I found on Disboard (I was there).

Someone said it isn’t true about FreeOffice, well, why is it in your installer then? I know you decided to add the option of installing FreeOffice, LibreOffice and none after you got so many complaints: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/08/03/manjaro-linux-team-responds-to-libreoffice-versus-freeoffice-in-upcoming-version-18-1/amp/

I’m just not a fan of using a distro which its devs are making bad decisions. It happened with Ubuntu due to mandatory snap packages and now with Manjaro.

Good luck.

I guess that still means you didnt actually read the post in question?

And again with vaguely citing some 3rd party. Do you ever think for yourself?

I did. Because it wasnt.
By the way … you know that Forbes writer had just got the greenlight to start writing articles on linux? Thats why they pumped out a bunch of flimsy pieces very quickly.
(including ones where they try out a bunch of distros for the first time … because they werent familiar)
But if you look closely … even there they manage to link the actual post in which the image is … GASP … a ‘release-candidate’ build 18.1.0-rc6 … as in for testing … it was never in any final ISO.

See… I’m just not a fan of the (almost willful) spread of misinformation.

1 Like

Sure mate and previously you were running Gentoo and you were compiling from source :joy:

Oh well good luck with Timeshift every 30 minutes :rofl:

P.S. Real trolls can do way better, but you are obviously not one. Bye bye.
P.S.2 Pro-tip: Just stick to Windows 10…

trollolo