HTML HTML Raw Broken on boot after update... again

I gave you several information on what the problem might be. blkid is the output of your current information of your system. Your root partition has UUID= c0949ed2-cf41-4b82-bcb1-4563689838d5. If you check your older posts, that matches in /etc/default/grub and /boot/grub/grub.cfg. However your /etc/fstab has a different UUID there. So read my posts again and try to fix that.

It matches
Fix that
What? Where?

Again, I’m not into that stuff & not the one who broke it (manjaro team did). And you can’t even explain what I need to do in OS you guys built. What do you want me to change? Fstab? Grub? Where, which line, how it should look? I’m not software engineer, I’m trying to get things working after pressing update button. Which is not recommended way to update (RLY? So why it’s there?!)

He mentioned a possible solution in his second-to-last reply. (Go up four replies from here)

You need to change some lines in fstab with values from blkid

Thanks for translating linux language, changed UUID in fstab for root, not working.

# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>

UUID=C95C-89A9  /boot/efi       vfat    umask=0077      0       2
UUID=c0949ed2-cf41-4b82-bcb1-4563689838d5       /       ext4    defaults,noatime        0       1
/dev/mapper/luks-85a84450-3cc8-464b-aeaf-96b04e3178e0   swap    swap    defaults,noatime        0       0
tmpfs   /tmp    tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777      0       0
UUID=9072be81-7fab-440f-9f21-40c328c93b2c       /boot   ext4    defaults        0       0

Putting /dev/mapper/luks- doesn’t work either. Asking for “crypto_LUKS”.

Am I the only one that reacts to that there are 2 boots in there?

AFAIK systemd boot uses /boot but grub uses /boot/efi right?

There are TWO boot partitions, but maybe this has something to do with encryption?
I have read to many of these posts to decide to not use encryption (but that might have to do with me being a chicken when it comes to encryption on complete filesystems, I decided to use a vault for my most precious data like passwords and stuff and then ONLY unlock that when I need something and then locking it immediately again)

Not an option in oppressive governments world.

Not sure what you mean by that, when you run your system, the data is just as unencrypted as a non encrypted system, so if spyware is you concern, this is not a protection.
The difference is when the system is turned off, so if someone steals you computer, they should not be able to access it (assuming you enter the password every single time you boot or this wont be a protection either).
With my setup my most valuable data is ALWAYS encrypted even if I run the system. It is only unencrypted if I WANT to access it.

I understand that, so I would use power off button to encrypt it back. Also I would love to use TPM2, but since Manjaro Team is not capable into AES encryption. Well.

And by then it is already too late buddy. The data has been stolen.
I just wrote that so you understand what encryption actually is doing on your system, you seem a bit misinformed.

But if someone who actually knows encryption knows what the dual boot partitions is about, that would probably be helpful for this thread.

UUID=C95C-89A9  /boot/efi       vfat    umask=0077      0       2
UUID=9072be81-7fab-440f-9f21-40c328c93b2c       /boot   ext4    defaults        0       0

No matter what, blaming Manjaro and having an attitude will NOT help you here.
Try to stay calm and read what is said multiple times if you don’t understand, the forum is for learning, not spoon feeding solutions.
If you STILL do not understand, ask specifically about that, it is pretty clear you are not putting much effort into actually trying to learn/understand but rather lash out in frustration. I get that, I have been known to do the same. :innocent:

The risk is the thread dying if you do not follow advice.

Because I don’t speak telepathy.