HP EliteBook 820 Overheats When Playing An exe Game

I have installed Wine to play games that you normally can play on Windows. When I ran these games on Windows I had no issues with them overheating the system. They are small free games that I got from GameTop. All the rest of the time the laptop is perfectly fine and does not overheat while doing anything else. Its just when I start playing one of these exe games. It only happens with those games. I can play MSN Solitaire in my browser and I also play games on pogo.com in my browser with no overheating issues.

I have installed psensor & TLP. On TLP I really have no idea how to set it up and I’m not really sure its what I need to ensure the system runs cooler when playing these games.

System Specs:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.95.0
Qt Version: 5.15.5
Kernel Version: 5.15.50-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 5500

Please help me to get my laptop running these games cooler as I really love this distro of Linux and do not want to install anything else.

FYI playing a Windows game through Wine requires more computation than playing it natively on Windows, since Wine’s computation is added in order to convert the instructions to Linux.

A few things you could check:

1 Like