How to use MathJax fonts on LibreOffice?

I installed the MathJax packages a while ago, which include fonts that I can use with software like Kate, but I can’t use them with LibreOffice (as we can do on Ubuntu) and I don’t know why or how to solve this issue.

Hi @moshpirit,

Maybe this will help:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Fonts#Manual_installation

Hope it does!

Edit:

Or this:

Or

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/LibreOffice#Fonts

Or

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/texmaths-1

And the last one is actually in the community repository:

$ pamac search texmaths
libreoffice-extension-texmaths                                                                                                                                                                                                            0.49-1  community
A LaTeX equation editor for LibreOffice

So can, in theory be installed using:

pamac install libreoffice-extension-texmaths

Hi! Thanks for replying!

I already have the extension and the UbuntuBuzz post was already shared by me, haha. On the installation of fonts: they are not on /usr/local/share/fonts/ or ~/.local/share/fonts/ but they appear to be installed already (that’s why I can use them on Kate). I found, though, that they exist as woff format. Maybe that’s the issue, I tried to convert them into .ttf with woff_decompress but it doesn’t seem to do anything at all for who knows what reason. I’ll try with an online converter and moving the files to /usr/local/share/fonts/

1 Like

So try this :point_up: maybe it works :man_shrugging:

I already had this installed :sweat_smile:

But, seems like this “kinda” worked! :smiley:

Maybe that’s the issue, I tried to convert them into .ttf with woff_decompress but it doesn’t seem to do anything at all for who knows what reason. I’ll try with an online converter and moving the files to /usr/local/share/fonts/

That said, it looks like it doesn’t work as it should because when they start the line, it get buggy, it’s like if it suddenly belonged to the upper line:

imagen

imagen

EDIT: Another problem: there are some characters that I can’t use on LO, but I can on Kate like ñ.

Well, there’s noting I know further.

:man_shrugging:

Maybe someone else will be able to help.

Edit:

Well, according to the website, the instructions are:

Installation on Linux

1. Install TexLive (on Debian based systems : sudo apt-get install texlive).
  2. The programs dvipng and dvisvgm are included in the texlive-binaries package.
    Eventually, install the texlive-xetex package for XeLaTeX support.
  3. Open LibreOffice Writer and install the TexMaths extension for the current user using the Tools / Extension manager menu.
  4. After LibreOffice Writer has restarted, you will see the new TexMaths toolbar.
  5. Click on the TexMaths Equations icon and type your first equation. If something gets wrong, check the external program paths in the Sysconfig dialog.

But I can’t find a texlive package anywhere. I can, however, find texlive-full in the community repository:

$ pamac search texlive                             
[...]
texlive-full                                                                                                                                                                                                                   1:2022.20220406-1      AUR 
This packages provides texlive-full in /opt. It also tricks ArchLinux into thinking it has its [...]

So install that for the instructions:

pamac install texlive-full

:man_shrugging:

Edit 2:

According to the Arch wiki:

Extension management

The following additional extensions are available:

For more extensions, check the AUR, the built-in LibreOffice Extension manager, or libreplanet.

libreoffice-extension-writer2latex is available in the community repository:

$ pamac search libreoffice-extension-writer2latex
libreoffice-extension-writer2latex                                                                                                                                                                                                       1.6.1-2  community
A java program and collection of LibreOffice extensions for converting to and working with LaTeX in LibreOffice

So can be installed with:

pamac install libreoffice-extension-writer2latex

See if that works. Because :man_shrugging:

Thanks, but textlive-full weights 2,4 GB :sweat_smile: and I already have texlive-fontsextra, which probably is the package with the fonts needed (although MathJax is the basic font used on articles for LaTeX, so it shouldn’t even require this package).

Anyway, I also asked LibreOffice community. I hope this errors come from the conversion from WOFF to ODF. I couldn’t find any support for WOFF fonts on LO but maybe there’s a way, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like