Teclast F7S - Firefox freeze - Gnome

Good day, just writing this up at work (I don’t have the Teclast on me right now) however I’m experiencing freezes while browsing particularly exciting websites like youtube/youtube music, the laptop uses an Intel N3450 quad core processor, 8GB RAM, Intel HD500 graphics and I have set up using swap+hibernate with manjaro (no dual boot), I was just wondering if there was any settings I could tweak and/or if I would be better off using the xfce environment as I have read about older hardware struggling with gnome&plasma.

Sorry I won’t be able to upload any commands for several hours as I say I’m at work and just chucking this up there in case anyone could give me ideas to try when I get back.

Thanks in advance!

I’m at a loss as to why it would freeze on the Teclast but not on my Asus Chromebook, as hardware wise, the Chromebook is inferior.

It is now freezing randomly, and when I got it to run long enough inxi -Frazy shows the processor as N3450 but Manjaro Settings shows the CPU as a N3350, I’m thoroughly confused

In order to make it boot, I have had to disconnect battery, hold power (not sure if necessary) and then plug back in for it, then it will work for a while and when it gets so far it will randomly lock again and need to be rebooted, not sure if this is a hardware or a software issue in all honesty, I don’t know where to turn to as the manufacturer is only sending the odd reply about reinstalling windows 10 which was far buggier than manjaro was. (and I had tried that before resorting to manjaro anyhow)

I have determined that the issue is hardware related and the device is defective, closing the post now.

To solve this issue, please do the following:

1. Execute:

sudo pamac update
    sudo pamac install tlpui

2. Open tlpui

• Set processor on Balance_Performance when on battery instead of Balance_Power

:warning: Ensure SATA drive are set to SSD instead of HDD in the UEFI settings.

Hope this helps someone

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.