this AUR package needed special steps in order to install it,
and upgrading it was not possible through Pamac; i had to manually download the Pkgbuild,put it in the build directory(after deleting the previous Pkgbuild) and then run makepkg,
so how do i properly uninstall it?
here are the install steps for it:
- Download the snapshot from this AUR.
- Tar -zxf the packettracer.tar.gz snapshot (it creates the dir packettracer/ with the PKGBUILD on it).
- Download the latest packettracer tarball from your Netacad account and copy it into the packettracer/ dir.
- Create the package with the command makepkg (it creates a packettracer.pkg.tar.xz).
- Install the package with either makepkg -i or sudo pacman -U packettracer.pkg.tar.xz.
AUR (en) - packettracer
pamac remove packettracer
that’s the normal approach,but i figured that since Pamac was unable to either install it nor upgrade it,
i might need special steps in order to remove it
The difficulty with installing and/or upgrading was due to a problem with the
PKGBUILD. That file is only needed for pulling in the source code, or perhaps a precompiled package. It is not used anymore once the package is installed on your system.
there was also a process of downloading a snapshot during the install which i never had to do with AUR packages(and i don’t know what’s that meant for).
anyhow I’ll try it through Pamac as you suggested,
i just didn’t want to be left with left overs all over the system after a failed or partial uninstall,and not being able to do it again.
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.