When is it planned to release Manjaro 21.2?

I need to reinstall Windows and Manjaro Linux to a new NVMe SSD (Samsung 980 Pro 1TB).

When is it planned to release Manjaro 21.2 ?

Just reinstall Windows first and then use either the latest stable 21.1 .iso or the 21.2pre .iso.

The .isos are only snapshots anyway ─ they are not important in a rolling-release distribution. You will be on par with the current version once you’ve updated the system with… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

I want to avoid the last big update von Manjaro KDE with ~ 1GB.

1 Like

As the last update was to 21.2, the 21.2pre.iso should have those updated packages.

1 Like

I have read some posts here on the foru, that version 21.2pre is not working properly.

I guess the team has other things to do then to give weekly updates when a new ISO is released as this usually does not matter at all as @Aragorn explained.

1 Like

I don´t mean, that there must be a weekly update for the Manjaro ISO.

Actually I have a SATA SSD to boot from.
Now the switch to NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro - to have a faster computer.

It is not urgent to reinstall.

Well, just stay tuned to Releases/Annoucements section.

Could you please elaborate?

The installation of Grub sometimes fails.

Has it failed for you yet? If no, then there’s nothing to worry about. Besides, you can still use the 21.1.6 image instead and then update the system.

No offense, but if download quota are an obstacle for you, then perhaps Manjaro isn’t the right distribution for you.

Why does noone answer my question: when is it planned to release version 21.2 ?

When it’s ready. :man_shrugging:

As you have been told, the images are only snapshots and their release is less of a priority compared to the maintenance of already installed systems, given that any recent enough image can be used for installing the system, followed by a system update operation once the system has been installed.

7 Likes