How to rewrite this command for pacman?

This command is destined for Ubuntu. But I need to do something alternative for Manjaro by Pacman or something else:

sudo add-apt-repository universe && sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt update && sudo apt install libglib2.0-0:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libpulse0:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libbz2-1.0:i386 libgnomeui-0:i386 gtk2-engines-murrine:i386 gtk2-engines-pixbuf:i386

I’m count on your help! Have a nice day!

So you expect us to learn Ubuntu commands? Why don’t you try to learn Manjaro commands? :rofl:

2 Likes

Edit

sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf

Uncomment

[multilib]
SigLevel = PackageRequired
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Run

sudo pacman-mirrors -f5
sudo pacman -Syyuu

Install needed package.

sudo pacman -S package_name

NOTE: Some lib32- variants are available ONLY in AUR.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=lib32

@Wollie :upside_down_face:

1 Like

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

2 Likes

I don’t know what universe covers in this context. All repositories are default enabled on Manjaro

You cannot add architectures to Manjaro - it only exist in one architecture - x64.

Hi @iliya

Could you explain what the purpose behind the installation of these packages? There might be someone who could point you to a solution for your situation.

for libpulse0:i386 check if this Manjaro package is installed

pamac info lib32-libpulse

for libasound2-plugins:i386 check if this Manjaro package is installed

pamac info lib32-alsa-lib

You should be able to find some of the other Manjaro lib32- packages equivalent to Ubuntu packages

But you may need to check the files installed inpamac GUI and match them to packages and files in Ubuntu to work out some packages

Thank you, I will follow to your answer!

pamac build guitar-pro

:wink:

4 Likes

Maybe if you told us what you were actually trying to do and why you think you need to run those commands, you might actually get some accurate help. :wink:

I want to install Guitar pro on Manjaro, but I didn’t know where to take it.

That’s amazing! Can I use trial period? Cause official site offers app only for win/mac users.

I see. How @guinux figured that out, I have no idea. :laughing:

Next time, search Add / Remove Software. :wink:

1 Like

A search engine is your friend :joy:

Freunde, Feinde und Verwandte?
Friends, enemies and relatives?