How to reset to factory settings?

Hello,
in the beginning of january i updated my pinephone the last time. Since two weeks there is the report: “sorry someting went wrong: unable to lock database” just when i open the Software-app. When i close this report and go to the updates there is the report: “no plugin could handle get-updates”

Because of a other installation witch i would like to undo and no importaint formatations i think it would be the best to reset to factory-settings. Up to now i found no answere how to do this. Is it necessay to go familiar with github and so on, or is there a simple code for the terminal?

(And what about the reset-butten at the back of the phone?!! (looks scary to have, but seems anyhow withot use))

(Additonaly: could it be that a lot of “Apps to explore” are up to now not realy working? For exampe element? were the logo appears, but is impossible to open )

Greatful for any hint in english or german

Even if i underestimated the step to start with a pre-version PinePhone as my first real Smartphone and a hard way to discover, i´m very happy to use it and be very graeatful for alle the work!!

You can use jumpdrive - read more in above thread.

But your issue is really with the database lock.

Open a terminal and remove the lock file

sudo rm -f /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

Sometimes you are better off running the update in a terminal - using pacman - reason being pacman prompts which - some times - cannot be responded to using the graphical updater

sudo pacman -Syu
1 Like

If you want to undo a certain installation, you can also simply uninstall that package via
sudo pacman -Rns [name of the package]
Also follow the steps to remove the db.lck-file and update your system.

A lot of apps aren’t working yet. There is this list of apps with a rating of how well they work, if that interests you.

The Pinephone Starter Guide is also worth reading.

The current Manjaro-mobile images as of writing this are Lomiri, Phosh and Plasma

If you need help in German you can send me a PM.

1 Like

thank you both!
it worked out!
and thanx for the help in german offer!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.