Offline installation of XFCE

Hi

Am trying to install XFCE on a brand new laptop (Default windows OS not completely installed/registered) I am booting from USB, and it seems to work as it should. I did go through the manjaro installation process, but I had issues with network, so I decided to start from scratch.

My problem is that my XFCE is on a USB A, and I have just one of those port on my new laptop. My ethernet to USB adapter (So I can have wired internet connection) is also USB A. I did try to set up shared connection from mobile to new laptop, but it was not successful, (unstable).

Questions:

Can XFCE be installed offline, (and take care of possible network issues after install using the ethernet to USB A in that port)?

Or do I need to find a way to bypass that to have the internet connection working during install?

And in that case, is there some easy way to set up a shared connection from my old laptop (via wifi or cable) ? (That old machine is running Linux budgie.)

I have only been using Linux for a month or so, so all this tech is very new to me. I ask that if you have any suggestions to offer, please keep in mind that I am a beginner. :sweat_smile:

But I honestly love Linux already, and I’m not going back to Windows ever! :grin:

I appreciate any help from the community with this issue. :heart:

Yes. Just proceed the calamaris installation without net- access. It will complain but just ignore it. Updates can be done after the install.

About network, you did not give information what device and nw-card you have.

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this! :pray:

When I run the information it says Realtek 8852AE, but it supports wifi 6 802.11AX

It is supported with kernel 5.16 and up.
I am at work and typing fom smartphone, so somebody with a manjaro install and access to the repos might jump in .

Thanks again, appreciate it! :pray: :innocent:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.