I have a detailed questions about theme editing in plasma. I am an author of Maia Transparent theme:
This is a fully transparent theme for fans of extreme transparency for usage with dark, homogeneous wallpapers. In other cases it won’t work too well. It is basically Manjaro’s Maia Desktoptheme but with completely transparent panel and menus (expect dashboard menu, which doesn’t follow theme background settings).
I recently noticed that there were some updates to Maia theme and wanted to improve my theme as well, however old plasma tools for editing themes doesn’t exist anymore so I need to do it manually.
There is a site describing settings:
However it’s still not too helpful and I need assistance of people who know Maia theme very closely.
Maia theme is currently very well thought out and implemented. I prefer to use it with light wallpapers. However with dark ones I switch to my transparent one:
Unfortunately some functionality is missing that exists in original Maia theme and I cannot figure out how to adjust my theme for the same one. In Maia icons on a panel have 5 possible states:
- Program window is not turned off - no indication on a panel.
- Program window is on and active - icon has emerald, square background.
- Program windows is on but in background (behind other windows) - icon has gray, square background.
- Program windows is minimized - icon has horizontal stripe underneath.
- Program has more then one windows - icon has additional, round indication +2.
In Maia Transparent I have:
- Program window is not turned off - no indication on a panel - the same as in Maia
- Program window is on and active - icon has emerald, square background - the same as in Maia
- Program windows is on but in background (behind other windows) - icon has horizontal stripe underneath (on Maia it’s for minimized programs!)
- Program windows is minimized - no indication, as if there was no window, I want to change it!
- Program has more then one windows - no +2 indication, I want to change it!
Basically I want to behave it EXACTLY like in original Maia theme. It bugs me that after minimizing window I have no indications as to it. I figured it has something to do with widgets settings like frame or tasks but using the same svgz as in Maia doesn’t give the same result. Aside main background and widgets background, my theme has the same svgz files and I still don’t get the effect I desire. Can someone help me to figure it out?