How to remove a Gpu driver from outside of Manjaro?

Hello there,
This is my first post on this forum. I had very recently installed Manjaro in a dual boot config along with windows 10. It had been working great until recently when I was trying to play minecraft. I was getting errors about my gpu drivers.

This is the exact error I got: glfw error 65543: glx: failed to create context: │ │ glxbadfbconfig.

So I went to the settings and under hardware configuration, I chose Gpu drivers and there were 3 options there for me. The first one was installed and running (all were open source drivers, since that was what I chose during install). I had the bright idea of choosing all three drivers there, bad idea. I installed it and it did its thing and it give me no issues. Minecraft still didn’t work but I had more things to do so left it to do other things.

I had shut down the system and when I tried to boot right now, I chose the normal manjaro in grub and was getting nothing! There was a blank screen with a blinking cursor on the top left! No button did anything. I could shutdown using the physical button, and open grub again and open windows with no problems, and that’s what I am using to type this right now.

I really need help to remove the driver from outside of manjaro since it is not booting in the first place. I can access my partitions from windows. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Now at that point I assume you’d still be able to switch to TTY with CTRL + ALT + F2.
Does that still work? If so, log in and clean up the mess with mhwd…

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Configure_Graphics_Cards

Hi, thanks for your help. I was able to use the usb installation that I had used to install manjaro and use manjaro chroot to fix the issue. This is resolved now.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.