How to make KDE boot up faster?

This one could help also

Are you sure that manjaro is installed on your ssd?

Yes im supper sure cuz this laptop only have one drive which an ssd

Ok i’ll try this one

Ok i did it I also removed the # sign I think thts what ur supposed to do

It didnt work its still 2 minutes

And my parents say they don’t simply have money to just buy ram and yes the laptop is single channel. And im too young to get a job so thts not an option but if its a hard drive it shouldn’t boot this slow right even Windows10 didn’t boot this slow

Ok I will maybe try a fresh install and try it? I really don’t want to do this :frowning:

So like basically most of my boot time is taken up by a black screen with one text which is like

sda3 : clean random numbers / files / blocks

I can’t remember the whole thing I will give u guys a picture tomorrow cause my parents took my damn phone

If you feel adventurous,there is a experimental feature (I have been using this and no issues so far) not enabled by default to improve startup and shutdown times,maybe that can help you
Just type in the terminal

kwriteconfig5 --file startkderc --group General --key systemdBoot true

Then reboot

If you want more information about this there is an article
https://blog.davidedmundson.co.uk/blog/plasma-and-the-systemd-startup/

ok Im gonna look into it

Argh Im too lazy to read, Im just gonna type it in the terminal

never just type shit in terminal dude, its a really fast way to mess up your system when you dont know what your doing
-DTA

There is no output it, I typed :

kwriteconfig5 --file startkderc --group General --key systemdBoot true

Um, I already did, but it didn’t really speed up my system boot time it still takes 2 minutes. I’m seriously thinking about wiping my whole drive and a clean installation of Manjaro KDE minimal edition.

GUYS!!! I took apart the laptop and umm…

its a hard drive

so there is a 20 gb sate m.2 and a 200gb hard drive (5400 RPM)

@KedricPon Please create a single post instead of creating too many short posts. That makes the thread unnecessarily long and harder to read. You can edit your recent posts to compile them into one, and delete the ones which are not needed.