How to make colorful hints in terminal?

I remember such stuff was in manjaro KDE edition. When you type something it colored red and you see hints. Hope you understand what i mean.
I’m currently use gnome-terminal on manjaro cinnamon and i want to have such hints. How can i do that?

Hi @gamer_girl_2007_nah,

I( think you’d need Manjaro’s ZSH, which is in thee community repository:

$ pamac search zsh
[...]
manjaro-zsh-config                                                                                                                                                                        [Installed] 0.24-2                                      community
Zsh configuration for manjaro
[...]

…and can thus be installed using:

pamac install manjaro-zsh-config

I suspect this’ll then pull in the dependencies for it as well, which is obviously neccessary.

Hope this helps!

Edit:

Forgot about this:

Do this with

chsh /bin/zsh

AFAIK anyway.

The default shell there is zsh.
You can easily change that for you using chsh.
install zsh and manjaro-zsh-config, then change the shell

If the desktop environment is KDE (or more specifically, if you use Konsole for terminal), you need to change the shell in Konsole Settings (create a new profile, set it as default, and change the shell in the profile). But yeah most other terminal emulator use the user shell you define with chsh.

:point_up:
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That should be provided by some command_not_found functionality, which is available for both bash and zsh with related packages of them.
I guess for zsh it is manjaro-zsh-config like the others already pointed out…
I don’t think the one for bash does any color coding though…