[sudo] password for me: 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) sagemath-9.2-18

Total Installed Size:  423.43 MiB

It asks me if I want to install 9.2.18, not the latest 9.3

How would one install 9.3?

Welcome to the forum. :wink:

Manjaro Stable lags a little behind on Arch in terms of package versions, but that’s only because Manjaro more thoroughly tests its packages before pushing them out to Stable.

My advice would be to install the 9.2 version from the repository, but if you really, really, really, absolutely need version 9.3, then you can install the -git version from the AUR. :arrow_down:

pamac build sagemath-git

Notes:

1. The command I gave you above is indeed pamac, not pacman. pamac is an alternative to pacman, and it can handle packages from the AUR, while pacman cannot.

2. Packages from the AUR usually don’t come in a binary form and must therefore be compiled locally. Depending on your CPU, your RAM and the size of the package, this may take some time.

1 Like

or just download the package and do sudo pacman -U

1 Like

Thanks, that worked. (ps. I had to enter root password when I got a pop-up prompt to do so)

Checking keyring...                                                                                      [1/1]
Checking integrity...                                                                                    [1/1]
Loading packages files...                                                                                [1/1]
Checking file conflicts...                                                                               [1/1]
Checking available disk space...                                                                         [1/1]
Installing sagemath-git (9.3.r0.gd6c5cd9be7-1)...                                                        [1/1]
Transaction successfully finished.
>which sage
/bin/sage
>sage --version
SageMath version 9.3, Release Date: 2021-05-09
>
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.