How to install QuickHash Gui in Xfce

I did search for QuickHash in package-manager but could not find, so I downloaded the the zip file to my home folder from

2 dependencies were then required, both are in package-manager and are ‘ gdk-pixbuf2’ and ‘ruby-gdk_pixbuf2’

Then unziped the downloaded QuckHash. Opened the new file and ran ‘execute’ QuickHash-linux-x64 v2.6.9.2 (or the 32bit file as required)

Then I made a link using ‘edit applications’ Now this useful app. works fine.

If you want your helpful tips to be editable and maintainable by others, please create or edit a Wiki article instead. Then, a discussion topic with a link to your Wiki article can be created in this Tutorials section. Alternatively, you can transform your post type to “wiki” type when your forum account has reached level 3.
A separate Wiki account is needed in order to create and edit Wiki articles. Please contact @Rob via PM and ask for a Wiki account.

Is this for any DE or only specific ones?

Why is the link you posted broken?
What the hell does this package do?

Check out the User Manual and find out! :slight_smile:

Yep, the link is broken…

If the download link did not work for you try: or

QuickHash is an open-source Linux, Windows, and Apple Mac GUI that enables rapid selection & hashing of data such as files (individually or recursively), text, entire folder trees of files, and physical disks. The user can also compare various files either as a pair or entire folders.

It was designed for Linux, but it is also available for Windows and Apple Mac. MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512 hash algorithms are available.

EDIT: apologies for the necroing…

New QuickHash version 2.6.9 now out:

New version is 2.8.0

Thanks Lolix my mistake (trigger happy) should read v 2.8.0

New version just out 2.8.2

Can be installed from the AUR now

yaourt -S quickhash-gui-bin

Debian binary version, the original archive is mirrored to my sourceforge because there isn’t a direct download link