Spectacle freezing kde panel

Whenever i use the “Capture Entire Desktop” Spectacle feature by ensuing Shift+Print it freezes kde panel (default maia panel) for a couple of seconds. this wasn’t happening a few updates ago, i only noticed this issue yesterday…

also i could be wrong but i remember that taking a screenshot like so would also send it to the clipboard? that doesn’t seem to be working either.

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 21.0.4 Ornara
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.81.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.9.16-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11

Edit: currently using Kernel Version 5.10.34-1-MANJARO

Open Spectacle from the menu. There is a button asking about screen delay, I would assume that happens even if launched via the keyboard - try reducing that number to something you can live with… For your 2nd question - click on the configure button, there first option is a checkbox for copy to clipboard.

it was already set to ‘No Delay’, changing the ‘Area’ setting seemed to fix the clipboard issue.
however, the main issue still persists, right after taking a screenshot by Shift+Print would freeze Krita menu bar (as it does with kde panels, gui elements, etc) for a couple of seconds.

I know this is not a solution to your Spectacle problem, but I use Flameshot instead of Spectacle on KDE and don’t have any problems with delays and can annotate my screenshots, draw arrows, anonymize sensitive information, …

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

thanks! Flameshot works fine. unfortunately flameshot keeps its process running with no option to close itself after taking a screenshot.

1 Like

Well, flameshot just takes 40 MB on my system:

USER         PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
fab-user   31927  0.0  0.5 1208684 88948 ?       Sl   May07   1:12 /usr/bin/flameshot

As you never posted an inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width , I don’t know how much RAM you have, but if you have 8GB or above, that should not break the bank…

:scream:

1 Like