How to install Codelite on Manjaro?

Hello!

I’m new to the forums and to Manjaro. I come from Debian based distros but this is the first time I use an Arch Linux distro based.

I’m trying to install Codelite but I’m not sure how can I do it because it’s not on official repos.

So… Do you know how could I do it? I’ve read something about using the community repo AUR. I’ve never used it before, and I’m trying to do it but I don’t really know how to build. I’ve tried but this is the farther I’ve been…

which: no wx-config-gtk2 in (/home/minux/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:137 (message):

No functional wx_config script was found in your PATH.

Is the wxWidgets development package installed?

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/var/tmp/pamac-build-minux/codelite/src/codelite-14.0/_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

I think I’ve installed the dependencies but it doesn’t seem to work…

1 Like

I would suggest the codelite-bin if you don’t want to compile a lot.
pamac build codelite
or
pamac build codelite-bin

Probably you have to install first:
pamac install base-devel

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

There is a binary, readily installable package in the AUR.

sudo pacman -Syyu yay
yay codelite-bin
1 Like

Thank you guys !

I’ve been able to install it, now I can start learning C++ on my lovely Manjaro Laptop <3 !

1 Like

Given that you’ve succeeded in what you wanted to do, could you please mark the post that answered your query as the solution? It puts a summary of that post into your opening post, so that people can see that the problem was solved, and how. :wink:

1 Like

I did it already ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve tested it just in case. It seems like it also works with the command pamac build codelite-bin. It has only failed to me when trying just codelite. So the other option also worked for me ! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.