Sound quiet compared to Windows

I’m running Manjaro on an HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1. The old Win10 installation that came with the device is still working, and Manjaro produces noticeably quieter sound in comparison. To make sure my ears aren’t playing tricks on me I ran a very unscientific experiment of just placing my phone with some db-measuring app next to the laptop and playing the first YouTube video for “Loud Music” on full volume. Manjaro came out at an average of 62db, compared to 71db (which according to some website I’m not allowed to link to is about 3 times as loud).

I have looked at a number of very similar posts (links at the bottom), and I found that the main recommendation seems to be to use alsamixer to ensure that all sound levels are set to 100, which I have done. I have not yet tried some of the more drastic measures like deleting pulse audio or manually adjusting sample rates etc. in the daemon config, as I would prefer a better diagnosis of the problem if possible before doing so.

My alsamixer shows a single “Master” bar which is set at 100.

The soundcard selection I’m being offered when pressing F6 is:

- (default)
0 HDA Intel HDMI
1 HDA Intel PCH

Device 0 shows no bars, just four S/PDIF slots.
Device 1 shows three bars (Master, Speaker+, PCM) all at 100.
Output of aplay -l:

[nils@nils-folio1040g1 ~]$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: 92HD91BXX Analog [92HD91BXX Analog]

Audio related output of inxi -Fxxxz:

Audio:     Device-1: Intel Haswell-ULT HD Audio vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:03.0 
           chip ID: 8086:0a0c class ID: 0403 
           Device-2: Intel 8 Series HD Audio vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 
           chip ID: 8086:9c20 class ID: 0403 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.10.13-1-MANJARO 

Grateful for any pointers!