How to get wiimotes to work with the dolphin bar?

Hello everyone !

I play wii games on dolphin emulator sometimes and I’ve caved in and bought a “dolphin bar”. I’ve seen people getting theirs to work, but I’m stuck, wiimotes are not visible in the emulator.

Any tips / topics / fixes ?

Found this by searching “Manjaro dolphin bar” in google https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3gjmy2/help_me_get_dolphinbar_working_on_arch_linux/

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, I did found this topic earlier but I dismissed it because it’s so messy and old.
I added the udev rule as said on the reddit topic (and checked vendor and product IDs, they were the same).

Content of the new file /etc/udev/rules.d/01-wiimote.rules :

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_device", ATTRS{idVendor}=="057e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0306", MODE="0666"

It’s not yet working in dolphin, as it did for reddit’s OP. They stated :

I chmodded /dev/bus/usb/001/005 with 666 permissions and that got it work

I’ll gladly do it too, but is it a permanent thing ? How to make sure what file I should chmod on my machine ?

I’ve got it working, I don’t know if it’s a quirk of my system but changing SUBSYSTEM="usb" to SUBSYSTEM="hidraw" fixed it, no need for chmod.

Solved !

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.