How to fully remove installed language pack

Hello everyone
I have a very weird problem
I created new standard user alongside my main(administrator) user.
In a new user I installed new language package Russian and after trying to log in back to my main user keyboard layout was changed to Russian and couldn’t change it back to English. Then I had to change my password to only numerical symbols and reset keyboard layout back to English(actually I tired UK versions instead of US haven’t tried US version to tell the truth, so maybe changing it to US layout wont’ work). But now main problem is that text on login screen is in Russian.
How can I change everything back to normal English or is there a way to to remove installed Russian language pack fully from my system which I couldn’t find unfortunately
Hope someone helps

Here is the output of

inxi -Fazyy
Kernel: 5.9.11-3-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.9-x86_64
root=UUID=b77cecec-354e-4c95-a418-4564a748bbe7 rw quiet apparmor=1
security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.4 tk: Qt 5.15.2 info: plank wm: kwin_x11 dm: SDDM
Distro: Manjaro Linux
Type: Laptop System: HP product: HP ProBook 450 G6 v: N/A serial:
Chassis: type: 10 serial:
Mobo: HP model: 8538 v: KBC Version 51.27.00 serial: UEFI: HP
v: R71 Ver. 01.10.00 date: 01/03/2020
ID-1: BAT0 charge: 26.3 Wh condition: 39.1/39.1 Wh (100%) volts: 12.8/11.6
model: Hewlett-Packard Primary type: Li-ion serial:
status: Charging
Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-8265U bits: 64 type: MT MCP
arch: Kaby Lake family: 6 model-id: 8E (142) stepping: C (12) microcode: DE
L2 cache: 6144 KiB
flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx
bogomips: 28808
Speed: 600 MHz min/max: 400/3900 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 600 2: 600 3: 600
4: 600 5: 600 6: 600 7: 600 8: 600
Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: KVM: VMX disabled
Type: l1tf status: Not affected
Type: mds status: Not affected
Type: meltdown status: Not affected
Type: spec_store_bypass
mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp
Type: spectre_v1
mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Enhanced IBRS, IBPB: conditional, RSB filling
Type: srbds mitigation: TSX disabled
Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected
Device-1: Intel UHD Graphics 620 vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: i915
v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:3ea0
Device-2: Chicony HP HD Camera type: USB driver: uvcvideo bus ID: 1-2:3
chip ID: 04f2:b669 serial:
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.10 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: intel
unloaded: modesetting alternate: fbdev,vesa display ID: :0 screens: 1
Screen-1: 0 s-res: 1920x1080 s-dpi: 96 s-size: 508x285mm (20.0x11.2")
s-diag: 582mm (22.9")
Monitor-1: eDP1 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 143 size: 340x190mm (13.4x7.5")
diag: 389mm (15.3")
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics 620 (WHL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.2.3
direct render: Yes
Device-1: Intel Cannon Point-LP High Definition Audio
vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
alternate: snd_soc_skl,snd_sof_pci bus ID: 00:1f.3 chip ID: 8086:9dc8
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.9.11-3-MANJARO
Device-1: Intel Cannon Point-LP CNVi [Wireless-AC] driver: iwlwifi v: kernel
port: 4000 bus ID: 00:14.3 chip ID: 8086:9df0
IF: wlp0s20f3 state: up mac:
Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: r8169 v: kernel port: 3000 bus ID: 01:00.0
chip ID: 10ec:8168
IF: enp1s0 state: down mac:
Local Storage: total: 704.24 GiB used: 548.09 GiB (77.8%)
SMART Message: Unable to run smartctl. Root privileges required.
ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: SK Hynix model: BC501 HFM256GDJTNG-8310A
size: 238.47 GiB block size: physical: 512 B logical: 512 B speed: 15.8 Gb/s
lanes: 2 serial: rev: 80002C00 scheme: GPT
ID-2: /dev/sda vendor: Hitachi model: HTS545050A7E380 size: 465.76 GiB
block size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B speed: 3.0 Gb/s
rotation: 5400 rpm serial: rev: A6C0 scheme: GPT
ID-1: / raw size: 238.17 GiB size: 233.43 GiB (98.01%)
used: 137.06 GiB (58.7%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2
Kernel: swappiness: 10 (default 60) cache pressure: 100 (default)
ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 16.00 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) priority: -2
dev: /dev/sda2
System Temperatures: cpu: 38.0 C mobo: 0.0 C
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Processes: 275 Uptime: 35m Memory: 7.65 GiB used: 1.98 GiB (25.9%)
Init: systemd v: 246 Compilers: gcc: 10.2.0 Packages: 1577 pacman: 1572
lib: 389 flatpak: 0 snap: 5 Shell: Bash v: 5.0.18 running in: yakuake
inxi: 3.1.08

It seems other settings language is change to Russian as well so I I think removing Russian language pack will be solution for my problem.

Update: I thin I did it by removing all ru packages and settings and changing to en in System Settings->Language Packages & Locale; System Settings → Regional Settings → Language, Formats; Also changed default keyboard layout :metal: :metal: :ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.