How to enable Wayland touch gestures on X11?

Hi everyone,
I’m new to Manjaro, and I’m using Manjaro KDE.
Using Nvidia driver, I’m not able to log in the session via Wayland, therefore I have to use X11. Everything is fine with X11, but the touchpad gestures. I’ve been using an app which is called gestures, and I’ve added some gestures to it, but it’s not good enough. I want to have the exact same touch gestures as the ones on Wayland in X11. Furthermore, I can recall that there was an extension on gnome If I’m not mistaken, that could do what I want, but I have no idea what I must do on KDE; Could you please guide me?

Hello,

Gnome extensions will only work on Gnome.
Wayland gestures in KDE Plasma will only work under Wayland session.
If X11 gestures are not satisfying then you can try touchegg package and then consult this project that adds that functionality to KDE Plasma GitHub - NayamAmarshe/ToucheggKDE: TouchEgg configuration for MacOS and Windows like Touchpad Multi-Touch Gestures on KDE Plasma. regardless the session.

To have access to Wayland session in KDE Plasma you need to install plasma-wayland-session. It should also install the dependencies if are missing, but you have to enable early kms for your nvidia drivers. This should help you with that

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It was exactly what I’ve been looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.