How to create level marking

I know everyone else did the start rating for the difficulty but I don’t know what the mark down is to display that.

1 Like

Just copy-paste it from somewhere else and then change the stars…

(FTFY already)

Thanks for editing. Even if I were to copy and paste I don’t understand how you changed the stars from being filled in to not.

Just edit your post and have a look: the stars are just Unicode characters like the alphabet…

:wink:

I did but aside from copying and pasting the stars filled in already I don’t see how you created them from scratch. When you say unicode you make it sound like (hint there’s a key on the keyboard that does it) but aside from the asterisk which makes bulleted lists I don’t know what your referring to. My only guess is that you’re using markdown or something like that to change how the asterisks look like (a star filled in or not) but even then I don’t know how you’re doing that given the post options I see.

No, I’m referring to this:

:grin:

And Unicode is what’s used to write Greek (Ελληνικά), Russian (русский), Cherokee and stars. It’s been a long time since the only thing we had was ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) :wink:

So I just keep this handy:

**Difficulty: ★★☆☆☆**

which renders as:

Difficulty: ★★☆☆☆

and then copy paste one of the ★ to make 3-4-5 star difficulties or copy-paste ☆ to make 1 or 0-star difficulties.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: [HowTo] get Spotify to play local files

I’ve heard of unicode before and think I’ve even seen that article before but forgot about it because I could never get it to render. I finally figured it out thanks to your link here Miscellaneous Symbols - Wikipedia because of the html codes. Unicode input - Wikipedia this comes close but misses explaining that you need the ; at the end.

Thanks so much!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Fabby

I did realize today one other question I have. Even though unicode is cool is doesn’t seem ideal for writing in the Russian subforum. (it’d take forever to write a sentence) Is there such a thing as a browser extension that remaps the keys to Russian letters?

Нет, но вы можете установить русскую раскладку клавиатуры для ввода русскога языка…
No, but you can always install the Russian keyboard layout to type Russian…

:man_shrugging:

P.S. No :ru: spell checker here and my :ru: is horrible, so sorry for the mistakes… :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.