How to change weird application background color?

I install anki and virtualbox using pacman. But the application background colors in both app is rather weird(see the pic below).

Problem

The correct background color should be white but it was dark, making the text in the application barely recognizable.

I installed both app in another Manjaro PC and they looked pretty normal so I think it’s less likely that the problem is application-related.

what I tried

I tried every application theme listed in gnome-tweak-tool, no luck. The background of the two app stayed the same.

Question

What could be the possible cause of this wired background color? How do I fix it so the the two application can display normal background color?

My environment:

• uname -a: Linux z-matrix 5.8.18-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 1 14:10:04 UTC 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • DE: gnome

Both applications you installed seem to be Qt-based, which means that you have to configure the theme used for Qt-based applications in your system.

You can use the package qt5ct for that - open a terminal and run qt5ct or search it in your applications menu.

Useful resources:

1 Like

Thanks! It worked!

I installed qt5ct, did some adjustments in it and the application background color changed accordingly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.