How to add route in Manjaro permanently in the terminal?

I am wondering how can I add route to Manjaro permanently in the terminal.

Tried the ip route add command but the route is cleared after reboot. After some googling I found some articles telling me to change files in /etc/sysconfig, but I don’t have that kind of directory.

I know a startup script or a service can be a workaround, but is there a straightforward way to add route permanently(like writing to some config files) ?

Not really. It depends on the tool you use to set up your network. Each tool is different on how it needs to be configured. NetworkManager is, on Gui systems, often used to set up the network. But there are others, like systemd-networkd. Just try not to mix the different tools.

2 Likes
  1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.