How often does Manjaro LTS get updated?

How often does Manjaro get updated? I have come from Arch and because I didn’t quite know what I was doing or could be bothered to maintain my system as required I thought I’d jump ship here. Arch gets installs every day, Manjaro has been my daily driver now for about 10 days and I haven’t had any updates! Is there a server ping or something I can do to test all is well?

Updates come every two weeks or so, or whenever needed for security reasons. You can check for stable updates here :

https://forum.manjaro.org/c/announcements/stable-updates/12

[Edit] You should have received an update four days ago.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Well, first of all, there’s a slight misnomer here; it isn’t Manjaro LTS but Manjaro Stable, and barring any urgent security updates ─ which are commonly issued right away ─ the updates are usually bundled together, and released on average every two weeks.

Sometimes it takes longer ─ e.g. with the transition from Plasma 5.18 to 5.19 ─ because of an extended testing period. Sometimes it may be a bit sooner. But the average time between updates is about two weeks. The most recent update was on the 28th of August 2020.

All major updates are announced on dedicated threads under the #announcements section, with the first post detailing the changes, and the second post giving you a heads-up regarding potential issues, and how to deal with them.

I would advise you to subscribe to notifications for the #announcements category and to regularly visit the forum. That way you’ll stay apprised. And of course, there will also be an update notification from either Pamac or Octopi appearing in your system tray whenever there’s an update. :wink:

if you want to know the update frequency of lts kernel, it’s very regular (as arch)

pacman-mirrors # without parameter - see help for more

Thanks everyone, that was resolved rather quickly.

Welcome, for further info you may check this as well: Switching Branches - Manjaro Linux

My Apologies Aragorn I shall try and remember not to use the LTS acronym to refer to a stable release in future.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.