How is Manjaro different from other Linux distros?

Hi

How is Manjaro different from
Ubuntu:
Linux Mint:
Solus:
Elementary:

It is the better one :wink: (Linux, I mean)

Can only respond to Ubuntu and Mint…it’s newer, meaning there are newer versions of the various software packages. Ubuntu and Mint run with older versions of the software that are often more stable.

Manjaro is a user-friendly Linux distribution based on the independently developed Arch operating system. Within the Linux community, Arch itself is renowned for being an exceptionally fast, powerful, and lightweight distribution that provides access to the very latest cutting edge - and bleeding edge - software. However, Arch is also aimed at more experienced or technically-minded users. As such, it is generally considered to be beyond the reach of those who lack the technical expertise (or persistence) required to use it.

Developed in Austria, France, and Germany, Manjaro provides all the benefits of the Arch operating system combined with a focus on user-friendliness and accessibility . Manjaro follow Archlinux and officially only offers a 64 bit version. Manjaro is suitable for newcomers as well as experienced Linux users. For newcomers , a user-friendly installer is provided, and the system itself is designed to work fully ‘straight out of the box’ with features including:

• Pre-installed desktop environments
  • Pre-installed Graphical Software Managers to easily install software and update your system, and
  • Pre-installed codecs to play multimedia files

Arch compared to other distributions

Post title edited for clarity

There are already many threads on the differences between rolling and release distros … I would recommend a forum search before duplicating everything in another similar thread.

This is posted near enough verbatim in the Fedora forum. Are you really the teacher and not a student trying to get other people to fill out your homework?

Spelling.

Android autotype + unobservant user = wrong word

LOL.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Forum_Rules#Homework

Oh, no. I’ve now edited my post so it is less subtle about to whom i was replying, what i was addressing, & my degree of reverence for lazy threads like this one.

here in manjaro you dont have restrictions to use a particular desktop environment and window manager.you can use what you want.
with manjaro architect you can choose what you want to be installed in your system.
with manjaro-tools you can build your own iso with the choice of package you want included in it.and it is very simple.compared to other.

Debian vs. Arch

Purple elephants in tutus OOTB!

Last night I saw an elephant in my pyjamas

How it got into my pyjamas I don’t know

• Groucho Marx

/thread

I’ve switched from Ubuntu Budgie to Manjaro Budgie.
My first YEAH-Moment:
I like the Software Center Pamac and the included option for AUR packages. It finds, builds, installs every software / tool with one click. This is huge!
No ppa, apt-get, apt, snap, flatpack, … mess.
Else everything seems to work out of the box without tweaking.

In my experience, Manjaro should be in the “I want to get things done” leaf in the Developer branch.

Edit: I suppose I should say why Manjaro is different. Simply put, most other distributions work but Manjaro works. What makes it particularly great is that while it’s rolling release, it isn’t right on the raggedy edge. This is especially true if you are running one of the stable releases.

And you should definitely use unstable branch.