How good is the support on Manjaro KDE for AMD+radeon laptops?

Had my eye on Dell G5 SE (ryzen 5 4800H and rx 5600m 90watt). Reviews said that it had poor thermals.
Then Dell announced a new version of G5, which looks to have an upgraded thermal solution based on alienware laptops.
I wanna now if anybody in the community has used G5 SE and if they are still facing problems.

I don’t wanna switch from Manjaro KDE, as I have found this distribution to be one of the easiest to work with.

Thank You!

Hey,

Altho I’ve never used this device, a small post on the subject: The method I use to get info on hardware is looking at the arch wiki, there is a page on the arch wiki about this machine.

A quick look at the linux database shows no real issues: https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=05ad158fce for this type of machine (for this one entry in the database)

Hope this helps with your search and when you buy something and run linux on it, sending the results to linux-hardware.org helps us all :slight_smile:

How good is the support on Manjaro KDE for AMD+radeon laptops?

Pretty much as good as it is on other distro, as it is a kernel thing about support.

1 Like

Not because you have to worry about support in manjaro KDE on AMD + Radeon processors.

If it were really worrying I should have a horror of Linux, because I only use Linux and, for a long time and nowadays on a PC that the horror in this subject could very well scare me:

inxi -CG  ✔ CPU: Info: Dual Core model: AMD C-60 APU with Radeon HD Graphics bits: 64 type: MCP cache: L2: 512 KiB Speed: 1083 MHz min/max: 800/1000 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1083 2: 1036 Graphics: Device-1: AMD Wrestler [Radeon HD 6290] driver: radeon v: kernel Device-2: Acer HD Webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: ati,radeon unloaded: modesetting resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo> Message: Unable to show advanced data. Required tool glxinfo missing.

T + = See you later

I have a Lenovo Ideapad and this is what happens with Manjaro and XFCE (KDE is the same, I want to switch to KDE but I have too much problems like beeps coming from the motherboard when I hit a key on the keyboard and brightness problems)

I even can’t have GUI on recent version of Debian because of the graphics drivers (I suppose because Debian 9 works almost fine, I have a GUI but other problems)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.