How do I report a Raspberry Pi bug?

We use filewalld in it’s default form. Just like it would be, if you enable it on Arch Linux ARM. We don’t change anything in it’s configs, because that’s a user specific configuration.

You don’t. It’s not a bug. It’s working as intended. You can write an email to the Arch package maintainer for FirewallD and ask for this to be changed, but it likely will not as it is a user option and maybe not everyone want it enabled.

Avahi is not enabled by default (On Manjaro ARM KDE, did not checked the other images), therefor the firewall is not open by default for it. This is not a bug. If a user enables Avahi, appropriate firewall rules need to be added too.
The Arch Wiki mentioned that you need to do this. Avahi - ArchWiki

The Arch wiki might mention that, but Arch RPi does not have the firewall enabled by default.

Fair enough. My request to the Arch package maintainer was refused. I still think it’s ridiculous that out of the box Manjaro Plasma RPi works differently than every other system I tried, including Arch RPi, Raspbian, Manjaro Plasma desktop, and Manjaro Plasma Pinebook. It seems to follow the principle of most surprise.

IIRC, mdns is denied on the public zone by default because, by definition, devices in that zone are not trusted. You could have switched zones to home where it is allowed, or as you have done added the service to public.

If the firewall is indeed the issue, then this statement is wrong. The Pinebook Plasma edition also has the firewall enabled.

So why don’t you simply disable the firewall if you don’t want the extra security?

Not sure what to tell you, but as far as I can see you are mistaken. I am typing this from a Pinebook Pro, and never uninstalled any firewalls, and upgrade regularly, and this what it says:

nate@hassipura-plyn-frie:~$ systemctl status firewalld
Unit firewalld.service could not be found.
nate@hassipura-plyn-frie:~$ ps aux | grep plasma
root         521  0.0  0.4  70872 19696 ?        S    10:13   0:00 /usr/lib/sddm/sddm-helper --socket /tmp/sddm-authb21b7334-c6e9-4700-bed1-5081ec2dc47d --id 1 --start /usr/bin/startplasma-x11 --user nate
nate         535  0.0  1.0 212260 40456 ?        Sl   10:13   0:00 /usr/bin/startplasma-x11
nate         615  0.6  5.8 1541128 230944 ?      Ssl  10:13   0:22 /usr/bin/plasmashell --no-respawn
nate         721  0.0  1.2 388080 50496 ?        Ssl  10:13   0:02 /usr/bin/pamac-tray-plasma

Perhaps there is yet some other issue here? Clearly you’re speaking from some sort of authority, but I assure you I have the genuine article in my hands and firewalld is not here.

What’s the output of cat /etc/manjaro-arm-version on that Pinebook Pro install?
firewalld was added to the profile a year or so ago, so if the install is older than that, then yeah, it won’t have firewalld.

I am using the factory install, from about a year ago:

nate@hassipura-plyn-frie:~$ cat /etc/manjaro-arm-version 
pbpro - kde-plasma - bsp-uboot2

Yeah, That did not have firewalld yet.

Well mystery solved. Thanks for all your help.

Manjaro uses rolling releases. How do I get onto a newer “version” according to that file? Do I have to reinstall from an ISO? Or is there a script I can run that will install new packages and remove old ones?

New packages and configs are usually only obtained by using a newer image and re-installing.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.