How do I mark an individual update as bad and refuse to treat it is an update?

Usually mozillavpn from the AUR builds fine but the current one is causing a system wide crash during build so now I tell the package manager to ignore it (which it either isn’t or has a twisted idea of what ignore means), so i’d like the option to outright treat an “update” like that one as non-existant and not get a constant reminder to update despite not being able to build it without a crash occurring every time, I’m not expecting you to fix mozillavpn’s build, just provide the option to permanently hide the update from both the list of updates displayed in the GUI & the system notifications

See Pacman: Configuration; specifically Skip package from being upgraded.

Unfortunately Pamac will still notify you of the newer version. Open an issue if there isn’t already one about it if you’d like that to change.

That’s my point, I want it to STOP notifying me about that particular update, all it has to do is note it down in a user file, something like ~/.local/pacmac/hide.json

Then inside the file (at haven’t checked the inner workings of the update system so I’m just gonna wing it from here) it would look something like this:

"pacmac"
{
	"hide":
	[
		{
			"url": "<URL>",
			"versions":
			[
				"a.m.p.d",
				"b.m.p.d"
			]
		}
	]
}

If it finds the url in the list then it looks to see if the version is there, if it is then it never reports it under notifications or the normal list, instead it will just list it under “Hidden” in the GUI and do nothing further with it unless the user removes it from the hidden updates