How do i disable my internal keyboard?

i have tried xinput
but i still cant find "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" on my system
what can i do again to disable it

1 Like

What are you trying to do?

Disable the keyboard completely or change the layout or something completely different?

I am sure there could be a reason - but I cannot really see what it would accomplish to disable the keyboard - even if another keyboard is attached by other means.

In most cases it would be enough to either lock the screen or logout - the latter preferred for security reasons.

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.
  3. As per @linux-aarhus 's post, what you’re trying to do is potentially dangerous as you might have no way to get back into your system, so take a full Cold System Backup before you execute anything anyone says you should do.

:+1:

P.S. If you want to notify me that you did provide this information, please :heart: this message and I’ll come back and have another look.