How do i autostart programs?

when i start my laptop, i want Firefox and Konsole to automatically start and tile. How does that work?

Assuming Plasma as your desktop environment, you can add them in System Settings to… :arrow_down:

Workspace → Startup and Shutdown → Autostart

However, for the tiling you will have to create a window rule for each.

3 Likes

And that’s your mistake right there. Assuming. :roll_eyes:

Just because they posted under Support → KDE Plasma, and just because their profile says KDE Plasma, and just because they’re using Konsole, a native KDE application, you shouldn’t be quick to ded-, oh… OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH… okay, now I see it.

1 Like

how do i make window rules?

Assuming Plasma as your desktop environment,

go to Menu → System Settings → Workspace → Window Management → Window Rules

They did not. The thread was posted under #support. I moved it to #support:plasma myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

The generic way… :arrow_down:

System Settings → Workspace → Window Management → Window Rules → Add New…

The easier way…: Start the applications you want to apply a rule to, resize them and move them to where you want them, and then right-click their title bar. Then select… :arrow_down:

More Actions → Configure Special Window Settings…

You’ll see a button to auto-detect the current window properties. Click the button and then left-click the application window whose properties you want to detect. Check whether everything is as desired ─ e.g. size, placement, et al ─ and then save the result as a new window rule by clicking OK. :arrow_down:

1 Like

i didn’t even know support:plasma existed
thanks though

1 Like

Yes, but I assumed that they originally poste-, ohhhhh, OHHHHHHH, okay I see what I just did. :hushed:

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: KDE System Settings “Autostart” missing

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.