How can i Run a trainer.exe on manjaro with wine ? thank you

This would be a lot simpler…

I personally don’t understand what you mean here… So I suspect @Fires won’t understand it either. If that is an easier way, we both will gladly learn it :slight_smile: .

You right-click the game in Lutris, go to “properties” (I believe, don’t have it in front of me), and copy that same exact set up / layout into a new one. But for the launch exe, you select the trainer’s instead of the game.

There are no properties on right-click. Lutris’ UI is confusing. This is why I don’t use it if I don’t have to.

ok I did that i think i did it right

but it ran the game not the trainer because i used the same appID

does this mean the trainer and the game are running together ?

so all this work we did for nothing

that sucks

Configure

im taking a smoke break :confused:

@Fires I didn’t realize that you’re using Lutris to LAUNCH steam. My direction will not work because you’re doing that… Why are you using Lutris to play a Steam game anyway? You should be able to just use the native Linux Steam client and play the game using Proton, which will work way better than going through Lutris to play a Steam game.

1 Like

Im new with this Lutris so i wanted to install the game and it went to steam

i was confused my self :grinning:

is there A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM :grinning:

^ this, or this Run application in Proton prefix option · Issue #5766 · ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux · GitHub or this Projects · Network Silence / Proton Exec · GitLab

1 Like

All you need to do is find your game in Lutris while it’s running, click it, and on the right click

Run EXE inside wine prefix

Select your trainer and hope it runs, if it doesn’t work you’re out of luck.

1 Like

Find the game directory, put that as the working and game directory for trainer.exe in lutris. And in the launch section, select trainer.exe.

But choose WINE as your runner, not Steam.

You should be able to copy your current Lutris setup for your game, and change the runner to WINE, and also change the launching program to your trainer (it’s in runner options or game options, it asks you to select an exe). Because Lutris is what generated the working directory for your game

can u please explain this differently

So run the game and then minimize it ?

Presumably you need the game running for your ‘trainer’ to function?

Do exactly as you would with windows, alt-tab out of the game and then use the “Run EXE inside wine prefix” button on the right side of Lutris, it should then hook into your running game.

I did exactly this for diablo 2, modding planescape torment and so on.

@BusinessOrc

I will give that a shot
but i also found this Consider Adding “Run EXE in this prefix” ValveSoftware/Proton#2227

Where should i put this prefix ?

Thank u

Ignore that, that’s a feature request for steam.
This feature is exactly what I’m suggesting you do via Lutris.

sorry i need help i cant find this run exe i click on all everything on the right