How can i Run a trainer.exe on manjaro with wine ? thank you

so all this work we did for nothing

that sucks

Configure

im taking a smoke break :confused:

@Fires I didn’t realize that you’re using Lutris to LAUNCH steam. My direction will not work because you’re doing that… Why are you using Lutris to play a Steam game anyway? You should be able to just use the native Linux Steam client and play the game using Proton, which will work way better than going through Lutris to play a Steam game.

1 Like

Im new with this Lutris so i wanted to install the game and it went to steam

i was confused my self :grinning:

is there A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM :grinning:

^ this, or this Run application in Proton prefix option · Issue #5766 · ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux · GitHub or this Projects · Network Silence / Proton Exec · GitLab

1 Like

All you need to do is find your game in Lutris while it’s running, click it, and on the right click

Run EXE inside wine prefix

Select your trainer and hope it runs, if it doesn’t work you’re out of luck.

1 Like

Find the game directory, put that as the working and game directory for trainer.exe in lutris. And in the launch section, select trainer.exe.

But choose WINE as your runner, not Steam.

You should be able to copy your current Lutris setup for your game, and change the runner to WINE, and also change the launching program to your trainer (it’s in runner options or game options, it asks you to select an exe). Because Lutris is what generated the working directory for your game

can u please explain this differently

So run the game and then minimize it ?

Presumably you need the game running for your ‘trainer’ to function?

Do exactly as you would with windows, alt-tab out of the game and then use the “Run EXE inside wine prefix” button on the right side of Lutris, it should then hook into your running game.

I did exactly this for diablo 2, modding planescape torment and so on.

@BusinessOrc

I will give that a shot
but i also found this Consider Adding “Run EXE in this prefix” ValveSoftware/Proton#2227

Where should i put this prefix ?

Thank u

Ignore that, that’s a feature request for steam.
This feature is exactly what I’m suggesting you do via Lutris.

sorry i need help i cant find this run exe i click on all everything on the right

but here is the funny thing
i have the game in my steam library and i can run it with out lutris

i am so confused

RED = no good
GREEN = good

//EDIT: you have all the info now, good luck.

1 Like

@omano

Ok many thanks I will have to go back and do some reading

while I was replying I did not read every thing that is Posted

many thanks

This just became more complicated because the option mentioned is only offered for wine games installed outside of steam.

This will do what you want without you having to do very much. There are clearly some language barriers and so forth. There comes a point where we can’t baby you any more.

Download that script, follow the instructions provided. The appid for greedfall is 606880 just to help you with that bit.

proton-exec 606880 GreedFall\ v1.0-v20191219\ Plus\ 16\ Trainer.exe

Syntax might need tweaking. Do this while the game is running!

@omano’s diagram of environments is of good note.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.